Terms and Conditions
Application of the Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the S4 Cars Vehicle Verification service (“Vehicle Verification”) and apply to all Vehicle Verification Reports made by you.
- The Vehicle Verification service is provided to you by S4 Cars.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Website and/or conducting a Vehicle Verification Report. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your information.
- Please note that the service provided pursuant to this Agreement is personal to you and only you may benefit from the results of any Vehicle Verification Report conducted.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at our discretion from time to time.
- You are expected to ensure that you are kept up to date with the latest version of our Terms and Conditions and it will be assumed firstly that you have done so prior to any access you have to Vehicle Verification and secondly that the Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time will be applicable between ourselves.
Conducting a Vehicle Verification
- After sending all the vehicle information required, you are requested to make payment prior to getting the report.
- The results of each Vehicle Verification Report will be delivered to you electronically via an e-mail.
Price and Payment
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to pay: (a) the fee for a Vehicle Verification Report, payment for the Vehicle Verification Report must be made by credit or debit card or EFT payment in advance. Cash or cheques will not be accepted. On clicking “pay now”, you will be transferred to payfast website to make payment in respect of credit / debit card payments.
- No Vehicle Verification search can be conducted until advance payment has been made. Please note that there will be no refund once you have clicked on “submit” button. The Vehicle Verification functionality does not permit the reversal of a Vehicle Verification Report once you have made the request for this.
Use of Information
- All information delivered to you (whether on a computer screen, in e-mail, or paper format) as part of any Vehicle Verification Report (“the Information”) shall at all times belong to us or our licensors.
- For your own personal non-commercial use, you may display the Information on a computer screen, print individual pages onto paper (but not photocopy them) and store such Information in an electronic format (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network). For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not: (a) reproduce, modify, or distribute the Information, (b) create a database from the Information, (c) otherwise commercially exploit any of the Information, and/or (d) sell, transfer, deal in or otherwise make available either the ability to conduct a search or any Information to any third party.
- We may collect, compile, share and/or disclose information collected from you in consequence of your utilisation of Vehicle Verification provided that we do so in accordance with the prevailing legislation at the time.
- Please note that to ensure the security and reliable operation of the Vehicle Verification service to you and other users, we reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary, in our discretion, to preserve the security, integrity and reliability of the Vehicle Verification service as well as our network and back office applications.
Cancellation of this Agreement
When you submit a Vehicle Verification Report request to us, you agree that we can immediately begin the Vehicle Verification service by processing your Vehicle Verification Report. This means that YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT either pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement and/or, without limitation, the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 including the regulations thereto and the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000.
If you are having problems viewing your Vehicle Verification Report or if you consider that some of the Information contained in the results of your Vehicle Verification Report may be incorrect, please contact us immediately and we shall (where possible) rectify the issue .Please note, that you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make a complaint regarding either your Vehicle Verification Report or the Vehicle Verification service, please e-mail email@example.com
Warranties and Disclaimers
- Whilst all reasonable skill and care has been taken by ourselves in procuring and sourcing Information which is provided to you as part of the Vehicle Verification service this Information has been supplied to us by third parties, and S4 Cars therefore cannot warrant that (nor can it be held responsible for ensuring that) any of the Information provided to you as part of the Vehicle Verification service is correct, accurate or complete.
- The Vehicle Verification service does not deal with or comment on (a) the physical condition of any vehicle, (b) the roadworthiness or safety of any vehicle, (c) whether the vehicle has been ‘written off’, unless it was written off by an insurance company, (d) whether any vehicle is a “clone” bearing a false vehicle registration mark and vehicle identification number, or whether any vehicle was originally purchased and/or imported from another country other than the SA. Accordingly, you will have to satisfy yourself in respect of these aspects of any vehicle(s) you intend to or in fact purchase.
- We shall not provide you with (and you shall not receive) any advice or recommendation from us in relation to the Vehicle Data Check Report product.
- We shall not be liable to you for events beyond our reasonable control.
- All other warranties, conditions, and representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentations) whether express or implied shall be excluded (to the extent that we are legally permitted to do so).
- Neither ourselves, our licensors or any of our affiliates can be held liable for direct, indirect or consequential damages arising (in any way whatsoever) from the use of or the inability to access or use the Vehicle Verification service at any point in time. Neither ourselves nor any of our licensors or affiliates can be held liable for any damages, howsoever arising and whether direct or indirect, which you may claim to have suffered due to any of the data or information provided to you by way of Vehicle Verification.
- No third party may use or rely on any Information provided to you as a result of or pursuant to you conducting a Vehicle Verification Report.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right to enforce any term under them.
- You may not assign, novate or otherwise transfer all or any of the rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between us.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by South African law.
- We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Vehicle Verification as the operation of this site may be interfered with as a result of a number of factors outside of our control.
- You acknowledge your agreement to accept marketing materials from time to time from S4 Cars as and when same are despatched to you.